Further information related to this fact sheet: Complementary medicines - tell your doctor.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Asthma and complementary therapies.
- Complementary medicines - the risks of buying online.
- Complementary therapies.
- Complementary therapies - choosing a practitioner.
- Complementary therapies - safety and legal issues.
- Epilepsy - treatment options.
- Herbal medicine.
- Medicines - safety issues.
- Medicines and side effects.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
Related information on other websites
References used for this fact sheet
- Take charge – how to talk with your doctor about complementary medicine, Better Nutrition via Look Smart. More information here.
- Complementary and alternative therapies, Cancer Council Victoria. More information here.
- Robotin MC, Penman AG, ‘Integrating complementary therapies into mainstream cancer care: which way forward?’, Medical Journal of Australia, vol. 185, no. 7, pp. 377–379. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.