Further information related to this fact sheet: Complementary therapies - choosing a practitioner.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Complementary medicines - tell your doctor.
- Complementary medicines - the risks of buying online.
- Complementary therapies.
- Complementary therapies - safety and legal issues.
- Doctors - how to choose one.
Related information on other websites
US Office of Cancer Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
Complementary Healthcare Council of Australia.
Australian Government - Therapeutic Goods Administration.
Australasian Integrative Medicine Association.
Medicines Line (Australia).
References used for this fact sheet
- Australian regulatory guidelines for complementary medicines, 2012, Therapeutic Goods Administration, Australian Government. More information here.
- Assessing complementary and alternative treatments – a practical guide for families of people with neurological conditions or acquired brain injury, Brain Link. More information here.
- Palliative care: complementary therapies, Royal Children’s Hospital. More information here.
- Regulation of complementary health practitioners – a discussion paper, NSW Health. More information here.
- Selecting a complementary and alternative medicine practitioner, National Centre for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, US. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.