Further information related to this fact sheet: Depression - seasonal affective disorder.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Depression - coping and recovering.
- Depression - different types.
- Depression - how to get treatment.
- Depression - teenagers.
- Depression and ageing.
- Depression and exercise.
- Depression in men.
- Sleep hygiene.
Related information on other websites
References used for this fact sheet
- Seasonal Affective Disorder, depressionServices.org.au, More information here.
- Phototherapy, Sentiens Health, Perth WA. More information here.
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), Mayo Clinic US. More information here.
- Seasonal affective disorder, National Alliance on Mental Illness US. More information here.
- Lambert, GW, Reid, C, Kaye, DM, Jennings, GL & Esler, MD, 2002, ‘Effect of sunlight on serotonin turnover in the brain’, The Lancet, vol. 360, pp. 1840–1842. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.