Further information related to this fact sheet: Medicines - safety issues.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Complementary medicines - tell your doctor.
- Drugs and poisons - regulations.
- Health information and health products online.
- Medications - non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Medicines and side effects.
- Pain management - adults.
- Pain management - children.
- Prescription medicines.
Related information on other websites
Adverse Medicine Events Line.
Australian Government of Health and Ageing, Quality Use of Medicines.
Multicultural Communication, NSW Health.
NPS Medicinewise - Medicine Name Finder.
NPS Medicinewise - Medicine Update.
References used for this fact sheet
- Using medicines, herbal medicines and vitamin preparations wisely, Multicultural Communication, NSW Health. More information here.
- Prevention of poisoning , Victorian Poisons Information Centre. More information here.
- Second National Report on Patient Safety. Improving Medication Safety, 2002, Australian Council for Safety and Quality in Health Care. More information here.
- Stockley's Drug Interactions, 2008, Eighth edition, Ed. Baxter K, Medicines Complete. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.