Further information related to this fact sheet: Melanoma.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Cancer - exercise to help you cope.
- Cancer and food.
- Cancer and heredity.
- Cancer pain management.
- Cancer treatments - chemotherapy.
- Cancer treatments - radiotherapy.
- Palliative care for adults with a life-threatening condition.
- Skin cancer - children.
- Skin cancer - prevention and early detection.
- Skin cancer - protecting outdoor workers.
- Skin cancer - risk factors.
- Skin cancer - tanning.
Related information on other websites
Sunsmart - How to check for skin cancer.
Cancer Council Victoria – Cut Your Cancer Risk.
The Melanoma Foundation.
CancerHelp UK – Patient Website for Cancer Research.
American Cancer Society.
Macmillan Cancer Support, UK - Malignant melanoma.
Victorian Multilingual Cancer Information.
References used for this fact sheet
- Melanoma – a guide for people with melanoma, their families and friends, The Cancer Council Victoria. More information here.
- Melanoma – treatment, The Cancer Council Victoria. More information here.
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, 2008, Cancer in Australia: an overview, 2008. Cancer series no.46. Cat. no. CAN 42. Canberra. More information here.
- Thursfield V, Farrugia H & Giles G, 2009, Canstat No. 46: Cancer in Victoria 2006, The Cancer Council Victoria. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.