Further information related to this fact sheet: Melanoma.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Cancer - exercise to help you cope.
- Cancer and food.
- Cancer and heredity.
- Cancer pain management.
- Cancer treatments - chemotherapy.
- Cancer treatments - radiotherapy.
- Palliative care for adults with a life-threatening condition.
- Skin cancer - children.
Related information on other websites
Sunsmart - How to check for skin cancer.
Cancer Council Victoria – Cut Your Cancer Risk.
The Melanoma Foundation.
CancerHelp UK – Patient Website for Cancer Research.
American Cancer Society.
Macmillan Cancer Support, UK - Malignant melanoma.
Victorian Multilingual Cancer Information.
References used for this fact sheet
- Melanoma, 2012, Cancer Council Victoria. More information here.
- Treating early melanoma, 2012, Cancer Council Victoria. More information here.
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, 2013, Cancer, AIHW, Canberra. More information here.
- Thursfield V, Farrugia H, Karahalios E, Giles G 2012, Cancer Survival in Victoria 2012, Cancer Council Victoria.More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.