Further information related to this fact sheet: Prader-Willi syndrome.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Genes and genetics.
- Genetic disorders.
- Genetic services in Victoria.
- Obesity and hormones.
- Obesity in children - causes.
- Obesity in children - management.
Related information on other websites
Centre for Developmental Disability Health (CDDHV).
NSW Council for Intellectual Disability.
Spine Society of Australia - National Self-Detection Program for Scoliosis.
Prader-Willi Syndrome Association of Australia.
References used for this fact sheet
- What is Prader-Willi syndrome? The Prader-Willi Syndrome Association (UK). More information here.
- The genetics of Prader-Willi syndrome and the possibilities of recurrence in the family: a guide for parents and medical specialists [online], The Prader-Willi Syndrome Association (UK). More information here.
- Basic facts about PWS: a diagnosis and reference guide for physicians and other health professionals [online], The Prader-Willi Syndrome Association (USA). More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.