Further information related to this fact sheet: Prescription medicines.
Related information on Better Health Channel
Related information on other websites
Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing - Quality Use of Medicines.
NPS – Medicine finder.
NPS –Medicine Update.
Consumers Health Forum of Australia.
NPS Be medicinewise — Find the active ingredient.
- Information for consumers (Drugs), US Food and Drug Administration. More information here.
- National Medicines Policy, Quality Use of Medicines, 2008, Department of Health and Ageing, Australian Government. More information here.
- How should my prescribed medication be labelled? NHS Choices, Department of Health, UK. More information here.
- Prescribing medicines – Information for PBS prescribers, Department of Health and Ageing, Australian Government. More information here.
- Consumer Medicine Information (CMI) search, NPS Medicinewise. More information here.
- Where to buy medicines, NPS Medicinewise. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.