Further information related to this fact sheet: Water - a vital nutrient.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Child safety - hot weather.
- Fluid retention.
- Gastroenteritis in children.
- Water - make it safe to drink.
Related information on other websites
References used for this fact sheet
- Australian Guide to Healthy Eating (Consumer Booklet), Department of Health and Ageing, Australian Government. More information here.
- Drinks, Dietitians Association of Australia. More information here.
- Water, National Health and Medical Research Council, Australian Government. More information here.
- Water: How much should you drink every day? Mayo Clinic, USA. More information here.
- Dietary Reference Intakes: Water, Potassium, Sodium, Chloride, and Sulfate, Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences, USA. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.