| ||Mussels steamed with tomato and garlic|| |
1. Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
2. Add the garlic and cook briefly until fragrant (make sure not to burn the garlic).
3. Add the wine and saffron. Bring the mixture to the boil and add the mussels. Cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Remove the lid, shake the pan and remove cooked mussels as they open.
5. Keep warm until most are opened and throw out any unopened mussels.
6. Add the tomatoes to the pan along with the parsley and basil.
7. Season to taste.
Notes: Serve mussels in deep bowls and pour the tomato mixture over the top - can be served with your favourite crusty bread or pasta.
Recipe publication date: 11/27/2002 10:52:53 AM
Last reviewed: 20/11/2012