Makes: 20 rissoles
- Email this recipe
- Add recipe to your shopping list for re-using and sharing
- 500 g chicken breast fillets
1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs, fresh
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Chop chicken breast into small pieces and place in blender with 0.5 tablespoon of olive oil. Blend until smooth.
2. Mix the chicken mince, breadcrumbs, pepper, egg and cheese in a large mixing bowl.
3. Use 1 tablespoon of mixture to shape into small oblong rissole shape. Roll in a mixture of sesame seeds and flour. Repeat with remaining mixture.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a non stick frying pan.
5. Cook the rissoles over a medium heat for 2 ½ minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
Notes: Serve with a fresh tomato sauce or relish.
Average quantity per Serving
Average quantity per 100g
|Total fat (g)|
|- Saturated fat (g)|
|- Polyunsaturated fat (g)|
|- Monounsaturated fat (g)|
|- Sugars (g)|
|Dietary fibre (g)|
|Niacin equivalents (mg)|
|Vitamin C (mg)|
|Total folate (ug)|
|Total vitamin A equivalents (ug)|
|Beta carotene equivalents (ug)|
(Logo links to further information)
Source: These recipes were developed and tested by Consumer Science students studying Community Nutrition at RMIT University in 2003.
This recipe was orginally published as:
Recipe publication date on: 07/23/2003
Last reviewed on: 14/11/2013