Vegetable stir-fry with chilli
Recipe highlights Serves: 4
- Good source of folate, iron
- Best served immediately
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Egg free
- Low salt
- Email this recipe
- Add recipe to your shopping list for re-using and sharing
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
1 onion, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
2 capsicums, seeds removed, sliced
125 g red cabbage, sliced finely
125 g snow peas
200 g broccoli
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 cup roasted cashews
1. Heat oil in wok or non-stick frypan and stir-fry onion and carrot over high heat, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add capsicum, cabbage, broccoli and snow peas and stir-fry until just tender.
3. Stir in sweet chilli sauce and sprinkle with sesame oil.
4. Scatter with cashews and serve with steamed rice or cooked noodles.
Notes: For a chicken stir-fry, add 2 thinly sliced chicken fillets at the same time as the onion and carrot.
If you are preparing food for people on a gluten-free diet, always check the ingredients on all food labels, especially any prepared items like sauces.
Average quantity per Serving
Average quantity per 100g
|Total fat (g)|
|- Saturated fat (g)|
|- Polyunsaturated fat (g)|
|- Monounsaturated fat (g)|
|- Sugars (g)|
|Dietary fibre (g)|
|Niacin equivalents (mg)|
|Vitamin C (mg)|
|Total folate (ug)|
|Total vitamin A equivalents (ug)|
|Beta carotene equivalents (ug)|
(Logo links to further information)
This recipe was orginally published as:
Chilli vegetable stir-fry
Recipe publication date on: 08/30/2001
Last reviewed on: 21/11/2013