Soup - pumpkin
Recipe highlights Serves: 4
- Good source of folate
- Store covered in fridge (under 5°C)
- Egg free
- Nut free
- Easy to swallow
- Low salt
- Email this recipe
- Add recipe to your shopping list for re-using and sharing
- 3 teaspoons canola or olive oil
1 onion, chopped
750 g chopped pumpkin
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon curry powder, (more if you like spicy)
1 cup vegetable stock
1 cup reduced fat milk
reduced fat yoghurt, (optional)
freshly chopped herbs, to taste
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onion, pumpkin, garlic and curry powder and fry for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in vegetable stock, then cover and cook until pumpkin is tender, about 15 minutes.
4 Stir in milk.
5. Process in food processor until smooth.
6. Serve topped with a swirl of yoghurt or freshly chopped herbs.
Average quantity per Serving
Average quantity per 100g
|Total fat (g)|
|- Saturated fat (g)|
|- Polyunsaturated fat (g)|
|- Monounsaturated fat (g)|
|- Sugars (g)|
|Dietary fibre (g)|
|Niacin equivalents (mg)|
|Vitamin C (mg)|
|Total folate (ug)|
|Total vitamin A equivalents (ug)|
|Beta carotene equivalents (ug)|
(Logo links to further information)
This recipe was orginally published as:
Recipe publication date on: 08/30/2001
Last reviewed on: 29/10/2012