Pasta - rigatoni with zucchini and cheese
Recipe highlights Serves: 4
- Good source of calcium
- Best served immediately; Store covered in fridge (under 5°C)
- Egg free
- Nut free
- Low salt
- Email this recipe
- Add recipe to your shopping list for re-using and sharing
- 1 tablespoon oil
1 medium onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
400 g zucchini, sliced
1 teaspoon oregano, dried
375 g rigatoni pasta
1/2 cup skim milk, evaporated(125mL)
125 g ricotta cheese
1/2 cup reduced-fat cheese, grated,preferably 7% fat (60g)
pepper, Freshly ground
1. Heat oil in frypan and gently cook onion, garlic, zucchini and oregano for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. Cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain well.
3. Beat together the evaporated skim milk and ricotta cheese.
4. Add to zucchini mixture and stir until mixture comes almost to the boil.
5. Add reduced fat cheese and pepper and continue stirring until cheese melts.
6. Add rigatoni and toss well. Serve at once.
Notes: A creamy sauce that is easy to make and easy to eat. A subtle way to encourage reluctant zucchini eaters.
Most of the standard dried varieties of wheat pastas do not contain egg - but always check the ingredients list to be certain. Use egg free pasta if you are preparing food for people with an allergy to egg.
Average quantity per Serving
Average quantity per 100g
|Total fat (g)|
|- Saturated fat (g)|
|- Polyunsaturated fat (g)|
|- Monounsaturated fat (g)|
|- Sugars (g)|
|Dietary fibre (g)|
|Niacin equivalents (mg)|
|Vitamin C (mg)|
|Total folate (ug)|
|Total vitamin A equivalents (ug)|
|Beta carotene equivalents (ug)|
(Logo links to further information)
Source: The Good Gut CookBook
This recipe was orginally published as:
Rigatoni with zucchini and cheese
Recipe publication date on: 06/24/2003
Last reviewed on: 14/11/2013