Chicken - sweet and sour, quick and easy
Recipe highlights Serves: 4
- Good source of iron
- Suitable to freeze
- Store covered in fridge (under 5°C)
- Dairy free
- Egg free
- Easy to swallow
- Email this recipe
- Add recipe to your shopping list for re-using and sharing
- 500 g chicken, mince
1 tablespoon canola oil, or olive oil
570 g jar sweet and sour sauce, (other flavours can be used)
1. Fry chicken mince in oil for approximately 5-10 minutes or until cooked through.
2. Add the jar of sweet and sour sauce and mix well.
3. Simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
4. Cool, blend together in a food processor until desired consistency.
5. Reheat and serve.
Average quantity per Serving
Average quantity per 100g
|Total fat (g)|
|- Saturated fat (g)|
|- Polyunsaturated fat (g)|
|- Monounsaturated fat (g)|
|- Sugars (g)|
|Dietary fibre (g)|
|Niacin equivalents (mg)|
|Vitamin C (mg)|
|Total folate (ug)|
|Total vitamin A equivalents (ug)|
|Beta carotene equivalents (ug)|
(Logo links to further information)
This recipe was orginally published as:
Sweet and sour chicken - quick and easy
Recipe publication date on: 10/02/2003
Last reviewed on: 17/07/2012