Soup - vegetable chowder
Recipe highlights Serves: 4
- Good source of calcium, fibre, folate, iron
- Store covered in fridge (under 5°C)
- Egg free
- Nut free
- Email this recipe
- Add recipe to your shopping list for re-using and sharing
- 1 X 420g can corn kernels, drained
1 X 300g can butter beans, drained
1 clove garlic, crushed
375 ml reduced fat evaporated milk
1 cup reduced salt vegetable stock
1 cup small shell pasta, small
200 g broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
60 g parmesan cheese, grated
cracked black pepper, to taste
1. Put all the ingredients except the cheese and pepper in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent the soup from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
2. Reduce the heat and cook until the broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the cheese and pepper and serve piping hot.
Notes: On occasion serve with tomato salsa.
Most of the standard dried varieties of wheat pastas do not contain egg - but always check the ingredients list to be certain. Use egg free pasta if you are preparing food for people with an allergy to egg.
Average quantity per Serving
Average quantity per 100g
|Total fat (g)|
|- Saturated fat (g)|
|- Polyunsaturated fat (g)|
|- Monounsaturated fat (g)|
|- Sugars (g)|
|Dietary fibre (g)|
|Niacin equivalents (mg)|
|Vitamin C (mg)|
|Total folate (ug)|
|Total vitamin A equivalents (ug)|
|Beta carotene equivalents (ug)|
(Logo links to further information)
Source: Lifetrack (1999), Eat! Enjoy! The Lifetrack cookbook, Melbourne.
This recipe was orginally published as:
Recipe publication date on: 07/24/2001
Last reviewed on: 14/11/2013