Pasta - vegetable lasagne
Recipe highlights Serves: 5
- Good source of calcium, fibre, folate
- Suitable to freeze
- Store covered in fridge (under 5°C)
- Nut free
- Low salt
- Email this recipe
- Add recipe to your shopping list for re-using and sharing
- 1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 zucchini, grated
400 g sweet potato, grated
150 g button mushrooms, chopped
1 X 825g can tomatoes, chopped
3 tablespoons salt-reduced tomato paste
2 teaspoons sugar
375 g fresh lasagne sheets
500 g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
salt, freshly ground pepper or mixed herbs, to taste
canola or olive oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (180°C). Spray a large pan with oil and heat. Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until soft.
2. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add the zucchini, sweet potato, mushrooms, tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the sugar, and season to taste.
4. Spray the base of a large lasagne dish lightly with oil. Cut the lasagne sheets to size and arrange a layer of sheets over the base of the dish. Top with a thin layer of sauce, then continue layering pasta and sauce, making one of the layer with the ricotta cheese. Finish with a thin layer of sauce on top, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and place back into the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Stand for 5 minutes before cutting into squares to serve.
Notes: Use egg free pasta (dried lasagne sheets) if you are preparing food for people with an allergy to egg.
Average quantity per Serving
Average quantity per 100g
|Total fat (g)|
|- Saturated fat (g)|
|- Polyunsaturated fat (g)|
|- Monounsaturated fat (g)|
|- Sugars (g)|
|Dietary fibre (g)|
|Niacin equivalents (mg)|
|Vitamin C (mg)|
|Total folate (ug)|
|Total vitamin A equivalents (ug)|
|Beta carotene equivalents (ug)|
(Logo links to further information)
Source: Australian Institute of Sport (1999),
Survival for the fittest, Murdoch Magazines, NSW.
This recipe was orginally published as:
Recipe publication date on: 08/22/2001
Last reviewed on: 04/07/2013