Lamb - warm Thai salad
- Email this recipe
- Add recipe to your shopping list for re-using and sharing
- 500 g lamb, backstraps
1 tablespoon macadamia nut or peanut oil
1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
10 radishes, washed, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 stick celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
100 g bean sprouts
1 tablespoon coriander, fresh chopped
2 tablespons basil, fresh chopped
1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons ginger, grated
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon lemongrass, finely chopped
1 tablespoon light soy sauce, (gluten free)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1. Heat oil in large frying pan.
2. Cook lamb over high heat for 1-2 minutes each side.
3. Reduce heat and cook for a further 3-4 minutes each side using a medium heat.
4. Cover with foil and rest, keeping warm for 5 minutes.
5. Slice lamb on the diagonal into 1cm thick slices.
6. Place ingredients for dressing in a small bowl and mix with a fork, until well combined.
7. Combine vegetable ingredients in a large bowl.
Notes: Place an equal portion of vegetables on four plates, top with lamb pieces and drizzle over dressing.
If you are preparing food for people on a gluten-free diet, always check the ingredients on all food labels, especially any prepared items like sauces.
Average quantity per Serving
Average quantity per 100g
|Total fat (g)|
|- Saturated fat (g)|
|- Polyunsaturated fat (g)|
|- Monounsaturated fat (g)|
|- Sugars (g)|
|Dietary fibre (g)|
|Niacin equivalents (mg)|
|Vitamin C (mg)|
|Total folate (ug)|
|Total vitamin A equivalents (ug)|
|Beta carotene equivalents (ug)|
(Logo links to further information)
This recipe was orginally published as:
Warm Thai lamb salad
Recipe publication date on: 10/18/2002
Last reviewed on: 18/06/2012